Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Preperation

Preparation: The act or process of preparing; the state of having been made ready beforehand; readiness.

There are a thousand different ways to prepare yourself for a thousand different situations. We do it constantly. All day long, as we walk into a crowded room we "mentally prepare" ourselves for the upcoming situation. How we do that depends on our own likes, comforts, and resources of strength.
One of the ways I prepare myself for the day is by taking my dogs, Jack and Sampson, to the Slaughter Creek Metropolitan Park every morning. It is right by my house and located in the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone (see
http://www.sosalliance.org/ for more info about the recharge zone and why is it so important to pick up your dogs poo!!) I go with the intention of getting myself mentally organized, inspired, and motivated for the day. The park gives me a serene and quiet place that allows me to clear my mind and think clearly about my upcoming day.


Going early in the morning with the dogs, while the park is still quiet, also gives me a chance to appreciate and connect with my environment. The park land is over 550 acres of 300-year-old oak trees, Hill Country wildlife, and miles of trails. It is an important part of my daily process and something I will continue to do.

When it comes to helping someone to buy or sell a home, preparation is the #1 tool I have in the bag. As a professional real estate agent it is my responsibility to prepare my client for the transaction, help him or her gain market knowledge, assist as needed in the decision-making process, and negotiate the best outcome for all parties involved. I cannot do these things without a planned course of action and systems in place to execute the plan.

A home seller must prepare her or his home for sale. And as someone who understands the time value of money, I understand that it is even more important to do the things necessary at the beginning of the sale to avoid losing thousands on the back end of the transaction. Getting your home preinspected is a great way to put yourself, as the home seller, in a winning position from the word Go! When it comes to negotiating repairs on your home there will be no big surprises that could lead to the buyer's asking for thousands in repairs or even terminating the contract .

So many sellers put their house on the market with no idea of its current condition. You wouldn’t be able to sell a car for top dollar if you didn’t know whether or not the engine started. How could you properly and confidently price the car if you didn't know its condition? It is the same with your home. Knowing the condition of the house from the outset will go a long way in getting you the most money in the least amount of time.


Understanding these principles and my commitment to preparing myself mentally, spiritually, and physically are the key pillars of the foundation of my success.










"Preparation." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 22 Dec. 2008. http://www.answers.com/topic/preparation







1 comment:

AKA "Meesh" said...

NICE! You even have your correct citation. I'm impressed. Your dogs are beautiful, and I'm not surprised you are a successful agent. If I ever buy property or a house in Texas, you're my guy.